Offtopic: on case (was: R: RAID6 reshape, 2 disk failures)

Sorry for the OT, but...

> Lack of a List-Post header got me again...sorry for the dup Mathias.
>
> On 10/18/2012 3:17 PM, Mathias Burén wrote:
>
> > If I had them all as single volumes I'd have to use mhddfs or
> > something to make it look like 1 logical volume. Or even use some kind
> > of LVM perhaps.
>
> Or md/RAID --linear.  Given the list you're posting to I'm surprised you forgot this option.
>
> But running without redundancy of any kind will cause more trouble than you currently have.
>
> Last words of advice:
>
> In the future, spend a little more per drive and get units that will live longer.  Also, mounting a 120mm fan in the bottom of that Antec > cube chassis blowing "up" on the drives simply circulates the hot air already inside the chassis.  It does not increase CFM of cool air
> intake nor exhaust of hot air.  So T_case is pretty much the same as before you put the 2nd 120mm fan in there.  And T_case is the temp
> that determines drive life.
>
> "silent chassis" and RAID are mutually exclusive.  You'll rarely, if ever, properly cool multiple HDDs, of any persuasion, in a "silent"
> chassis.  To make it silent the fans must turn at very low RPM, thus yielding very low CFM, thus yielding high device temps.

You are right, I know that very well...
Also I'm looking for a compromise between temperature and noise: what do you think about this case?
http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=480&cl_index=1&sc_index=26&ss_index=67&g=f