Re: RAID6 reshape, 2 disk failures

On 10/17/2012 2:03 PM, Mathias Burén wrote:

> There are no CRC errors so I doubt the cable is at fault. In any way,
> I've RMA'd drives for less, and an RMA is underway for this drive.
> Just need to wait for the reshape to finish so I can get in the
> server. Btw, with a few holes drilled this bad boy holds 7 3.5" HDDs
> no problem: http://www.antec.com/productPSU.php?id=30&pid=3

It would seem you didn't mod the airflow of the case along with the
increased drive count.  The NSK1380 has really poor airflow to begin
with: a single PSU mounted 120mm super low RPM fan.  Antec is currently
shipping the NSK1380 with an additional PCI slot centrifugal fan to help
overcome the limitations of the native design.

You bought crap drives, WD20EARS, then improperly modded a case to house
more than twice the design limit of HDDs.

I'd say you stacked the deck against yourself here Mathias.

--
Stan