Re: RAID6 reshape, 2 disk failures

On Oct 18, 2012, at 11:11 AM, Mathias Burén wrote:

> Just to follow up, the reshape succeeded and I'll now shutdown and RMA
> /dev/sde. Thanks all for the answers.

Yeah but two days later and you still are critically degraded without either failed disk replaced and rebuilding. You're one tiny problem away from that whole array collapsing and you're worried about this one fussy disk? I don't understand your delay in immediately getting a replacement drive in this array unless you really don't care about the data at all, in which case why have a RAID6?

Sure, what are the odds of a 3rd drive dying… *shrug* Seems like an unwise risk tempting fate like this.

Chris Murphy