Re: Help recovering from failed disk on RAID 6

Hum. Why not simply use the "fail" option to "fail" and thus put
offline the problematic drive ?

mdadm --fail /your/raid/device /the/drive/you/want/to/fail

You can "remove" the drive afterward with the "remove" command ;-). I
don't think you should do any "physical" operation like disconnecting
power supply of a live disk - even if it is a dodgy disk. "This
eliminates possibility that the bad disk will lock up the system" but
"create the possibility of a short circuit and having no more system
at all".

Pascal Charest

--
Pascal Charest, Free software consultant {GNU/Linux}
http://blog.pacharest.com