mdadm crashing server?

Hi all,

Have a niggling problem on my home nas at the moment.

I rebuilt a raid 1 array a few nights ago, and haven't managed to get the disc's to resync since creating a ext3 fs on the array.

It would seem that as soon as they try to resync it crashes the server, totally. All networking stops, not responsive at the console.

If I keep the array up with a single disc (doesn't matter which) then all is fine.

There is another raid on the server using mdadm which runs fine.

Any ideas?

Background:
Server running FC8, up to date on testing tree, although same problem on stable. The two disc's are on the tertiary ide (master, slave). Both maxtor 250gb.
Server, Dell Poweredge 600sc.

Thanks