From: linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Fairbairn
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:11 AM
To: 'Joshua Johnson'; linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Help recovering from failed disk on RAID 6

Hi,

It appears noone else has answered, so I'll try.  First I'd attempt to
start the array with the --force parameter, which I believe will start
the dirty array without the failed drive in it.

The other option to try depends on how long you have before the OS
freezes, but is to start the array with the dodgy drive in it, but
immediately tell mdadm to fail the dodgy disk.  This should have mdadm
start a resync with the spare drive.

Hope this helps,

Steve.

07/05/2008 07:46