Re: Some raid1 questions

On Monday February 2, yg@mind.lu wrote:

> Sorry for being unclear...
> After an unclean shutdown, my raid always rebuilds, and the filesystem never
> replays the journal. I just does not see that it was not properly
> unmounted.

That is certainly odd.  Are you sure that is what is happening?
There are two ways that the journal can be replayed:
   1/ fsck can replay it or
   2/ ext3 in the kernel can replay it.

The former will not appear in any logs and will only be seen if you
watch the boot-time messages go past.  The latter will cause a kernel
message to be logged.

Were you watching for fsck messages, or only looking in logs?

NeilBrown
-