Re: Some raid1 questions

> On Sunday February 1, yg@mind.lu wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have my home partition on a raid1 device, and there is an ext3
>> filesystem on it. Some more information:
>>
>> Recently I had some freezes (due to nvidia...?), and everytime I had
>> to  make a hard reset.
>>
>> Everytime then the raid resynced completely which took about 1.5
>> hours. One time I lost some kde settings when this happened.

>> The filesystem did not complain about an unclean shutdown, it seems it
>>  did not see on bootup that the last shutdown was unclean.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> Now to my questions:
>> Is this the normal behaviour?
> Which behaviour?

Sorry for being unclear...
After an unclean shutdown, my raid always rebuilds, and the filesystem never
replays the journal. I just does not see that it was not properly unmounted.

Now again :)... is that the normal behaviour?

>   1.5 hour resync -- maybe. It depends on the speed and size of the
>     drives.

ok

>   lost kde settings -- maybe. It depends on how well kde copes with
>     sudden system failure.

ok

>   The filesystem didn't complain -- Yes.  ext3 doesn't complain about
>     an unclean shutdown.  It just replays the journal and keeps
>     working.

It did not replay anything in these cases.