Re: Kernal Panic when booting redhat. Raid devices mount fine underKnoppix

Norman Schmidt wrote:
Brandon Evans schrieb:

For the record, the error I was getting was:

EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock
mount:error 22 mounting ext3

Are you sure that the partition type is not set to fd?

Yes, they are all set to fd.

Then the problem might be the older mechanism of RedHAT to start the raids.

Which bootloader do you use? I use lilo for my servers, that works with root on raid1.

Thanks for all the info. It will come in handy.

I was finally able to get the / partition to boot by switching the fs type from ext3 to ext2.

I was able to boot in ext2, I switched the fs back to ext3, rebooted, and now everything works fine.
I'm curious as to what happened there, but that question is for another list.

--
Thanks,
    Brandon E.