Input sound random detection.

On Tue, 2016-08-09 at 10:13 -0300, Gustavo Duarte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Tanu for your feedback.
>
> On these pictures you can see the sound level at 100% display on top bar
> sound widget and at Gnome sound settings.
>
> Sound widget:
> https://plus.google.com/102144018413535329430/posts/JAvrooEA66p
>
> Sound settings:
> https://plus.google.com/102144018413535329430/posts/gWTMYYYwwRA
>

> Video showing, how the sound input is starting to work, after a bit
> change on input sound level volume.
>
> https://plus.google.com/102144018413535329430/posts/H9apGEdEzw7
>

> Also i attach pactl output when sound input isn't working.

The pactl output shows that the source volume is now 100%, unlike last
time, so it looks like low source volume isn't the problem. However, it
also looks like the sound settings wasn't open when you ran the
command, which makes me slightly less confident that the state didn't
change between the time when the sound settings was open and when the
command was run. But never mind that.

Does the microphone stop working if you set it to 100% after you've
first set it to something less to make it work? Or is it muted only
after boot, and you can't get it to malfunction again without
rebooting?

--
Tanu