Greetings and a question

On Jan 23, 2014, at 9:02 AM, Dennis Guse <dennis.guse at alumni.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Just two question:
> 1. for how many people are going to deploy this?
> 2. how does the API to the CNS look like? (Any restrictions? is it reliable and responsive enough for VoIP calls [limited time to setup]?)

1. At first this would only be for me. So one person. :) Eventually, after it's matured a bit, I would release it for people to use on their own servers.

2. There are a couple of solutions out there that proxy to various notification systems. Uniqush (uniqush.org) can use Android's GCM, Apple's APNS, and Amazon Kindle's ADM. Pushd (https://github.com/rs/pushd) handles APNS and GCM, and adds Microsoft's MPNS. It works through a REST API so it's easy to use from another application. I could simply send a notification to pushd, for example, and it would take care of sending to the appropriate notification service.

> And one minor note:
> I personally would not really feel save to implement such a server based on PJSIP on my own (especially because it is publicly reachable) and thus might introduce some security threats. Thats my second reason, why I own implementation should not be first choice.

Yes, security is definitely an issue. At first this would be just for me so I'm not as concerned while developing it. But when I start using it and releasing it, I'm going to make sure appropriate security measures are in place.

+Dan