re-INVITE tsx takes very long to reach TERMINATED state on negative reply in sip_inv.c -- PATCH

On 12 May 2009, at 20:27, Benny Prijono wrote:
>>> IMO ending the invite session on 408/481 is (still) the right
>>> thing to do.
>>>
>>> The real problem here is pjsip doesn't retransmit the 180.
>>> According to the spec, proxy may terminate (INVITE) transaction
>>> after it sees provisional response if it doesn't see further
>>> provisional response every 1 minute. Currently we don't do that.
>>>
>>> I just added https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/822 to fix this
>>> in 1.3.
>>

>> That sound like a good workaround. The question is, who should be
>> responsible for repeating the last provisional response, the
>> pjsip_inv object or whomever is using it? I think both for the
>> original INVITE and subsequent re-INVITEs the application could
>> resend the provisional response itself, calling pjsip_inv functions.
>

> I'm thinking that the transaction object should be responsible for
> this. So while the app doesn't send final response, the transaction
> should retransmit last provisional response every 1 minute. I don't
> think you have any complaints with this approach. :)
>
> cheers
>  Benny

I have no issues with making the transaction object do all the work. ;)

And I suppose that whomever is receiving the retransmitted provisional
response should be able to identify it as a retransmission and discard
it.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects