re-INVITE tsx takes very long to reach TERMINATED state on negative reply in sip_inv.c -- PATCH

Hi,

On 30 Mar 2009, at 19:02, Ruud Klaver wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not entirely sure of why or how, but I've noticed that whenever
> I'm making and sending a re_INVITE through the sip_inv module and
> the reply is negative, it takes over 30 seconds to reach the
> TERMINATED state. For a positive reply it will reach TERMINATED
> almost instantly. It's bothering me because for inv->inv_tsx to be
> re-set to NULL, the transaction must be at least in the CONFIRMED
> state. This means that I cannot send a new re-INVITE for more than
> 30 seconds.
>
> Could someone please shed some light on what is happening here, or
> at least tell me what I am doing wrong?
>
> Ruud Klaver
> AG Projects

I've finally managed to fix receiving negative replies to re-INVITEs.
Included is a patch which set inv->inv_tsx to NULL on a negative reply
to a previously sent re-INVITE. I also added an extra condition, since
in some way the if was also true for when a transaction reached the
TERMINATED state and was removed, including for the original INVITE.