re-INVITE tsx takes very long to reach TERMINATED state on negative reply in sip_inv.c -- PATCH

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Ruud Klaver <ruud at ag-projects.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 30 Mar 2009, at 19:02, Ruud Klaver wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> I'm not entirely sure of why or how, but I've noticed that whenever I'm
>> making and sending a re_INVITE through the sip_inv module and the reply is
>> negative, it takes over 30 seconds to reach the TERMINATED state. For a
>> positive reply it will reach TERMINATED almost instantly. It's bothering me
>> because for inv->inv_tsx to be re-set to NULL, the transaction must be at
>> least in the CONFIRMED state. This means that I cannot send a new re-INVITE
>> for more than 30 seconds.
>>
>> Could someone please shed some light on what is happening here, or at
>> least tell me what I am doing wrong?
>>
>> Ruud Klaver
>> AG Projects
>>

> I've finally managed to fix receiving negative replies to re-INVITEs.
> Included is a patch which set inv->inv_tsx to NULL on a negative reply to a
> previously sent re-INVITE. I also added an extra condition, since in some
> way the if was also true for when a transaction reached the TERMINATED state
> and was removed, including for the original INVITE.

I committed this in http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/815, thanks. Fearing
the fix may cause unwanted problems, I did it slightly differently though.

Let me see the other problem below and get back to you.

cheers
 Benny