REFER, NOTIFY, and 408 timeout

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Pedro Sanchez <psanchez at nortel.com> wrote:
>  PJSIP sends a 200 message in response to the REFER while the other two
>  SIP stacks that I can test send 202 messages instead. The proxy is happy
>  with the other stacks but not with PJSIP.
>
>  Note below the reference to the expected 202 message in RFC 3515. Also,
>  as an example, see
>  http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-mahy-sip-remote-cc-04.txt (diagram in
>  section 3). Note how a 202 answer is always assumed in this context as
>  well.

True, but I thought 200 is more appropriate when we have a definite
knowledge that a NOTIFY will be sent immediately (see RFC 3265). And
as you quoted, any 2xx code can be used to accept the request.

But that's a good point though, I don't mind changing it if that works
with more servers.

>  If you tell me where to go in the source code to modify this behaviour I
>  could test the scenario with PJSIP sending a 202 response. I'm using the
>  released version 0.8.

Application can modify the status code in on_call_transfer_request()
callback, and if this callback is not implemented, a 200 response to
REFER will be generated instead. See on_call_transfered() function in
pjsua_call.c.

Cheers
 Benny