Re: XML Schema: Mapping Native PHP types to XSD

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 17:18 +0100, Davey wrote:
> Al Baker wrote:
> > Take a look at the Axis guide for a good list of primitives:
> > http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html
> >
> > As for arrays, I think they should always be encoded as an Array and
> > qualified with the namespace.
>
> With the SOAP-ENC namespace? I did this :)

Cool.

> > For objects, I would look at the auto translation system that is already
> > in PEAR.  This is more or less what PEAR will do for an incoming request
> > (i.e. automatically create an object from the WSDL).
> >

> I chose Struct's for objects

That's what SOAP_Value in PEAR SOAP does (more or less).  The tricky
parts come in when you have a struct that contains another struct,
array, and arrays of structs, etc.

> > Do not forget WSDL simpleTypes so you can use enumerations.
>
> I don't understand this :/

In WSDL there's a standard for defining an enumeration, and it's done
with the simpleType tag.  You can work around this in PEAR SOAP by
creating a complex type with a name 'enumeration', but I think it would
be better to have a simpler way to do this.  It would be great if the
enum was ultimately some PHP array.

> > FYI, I think what's needed more then this is something like wsdl2php
> > (like Axis has wsdl2java).  PEAR has a pretty flexible SOAP_Value API
> > right now, but it sucks that you have to write all of your objects by
> > hand.  If there was something to automatically generate these, this
> > would go along way to speeding up development.
>
> Will be working on this. Crtx_WSDL also has a Crtx_WSDL_Parser class
> which will generate the framework code it can from a WSDL file. I've not
> yet started to work on this, but will do in short order.
>
> All of this code, is PHP5 only, I should point that out.

PHP5, hot damn.  Unfortunately that'll just be a roadmap item for me.