Re: XML Schema: Mapping Native PHP types to XSD

Al Baker wrote:
Take a look at the Axis guide for a good list of primitives:
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html

As for arrays, I think they should always be encoded as an Array and
qualified with the namespace.

With the SOAP-ENC namespace? I did this :)

For objects, I would look at the auto translation system that is already
in PEAR. This is more or less what PEAR will do for an incoming request
(i.e. automatically create an object from the WSDL).

I chose Struct's for objects

Do not forget WSDL simpleTypes so you can use enumerations.

I don't understand this :/

FYI, I think what's needed more then this is something like wsdl2php (like Axis has wsdl2java). PEAR has a pretty flexible SOAP_Value API right now, but it sucks that you have to write all of your objects by hand. If there was something to automatically generate these, this would go along way to speeding up development.

Will be working on this. Crtx_WSDL also has a Crtx_WSDL_Parser class which will generate the framework code it can from a WSDL file. I've not yet started to work on this, but will do in short order.

All of this code, is PHP5 only, I should point that out.

- Davey