Re: XML Schema: Mapping Native PHP types to XSD

Take a look at the Axis guide for a good list of primitives:
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html

As for arrays, I think they should always be encoded as an Array and
qualified with the namespace.

For objects, I would look at the auto translation system that is already
in PEAR.  This is more or less what PEAR will do for an incoming request
(i.e. automatically create an object from the WSDL).

Do not forget WSDL simpleTypes so you can use enumerations.

FYI, I think what's needed more then this is something like wsdl2php
(like Axis has wsdl2java).  PEAR has a pretty flexible SOAP_Value API
right now, but it sucks that you have to write all of your objects by
hand.  If there was something to automatically generate these, this
would go along way to speeding up development.

Just my .02

Al