XML Schema: Mapping Native PHP types to XSD

Hi,

I'm currently writing some code to automatically expose
any given PHP class/function as a SOAP service using WSDL.

I've currently got it finding all input args, their types, any documentation, the return value type and obviously function names :)

Additionally, I've written a WSDL generation package, which allows you to create WSDL using like:

$wsdl = new WSDL(...);

$wsdl->addPortType(....);

$wsdl->addService(....);

etc

What I am looking to do, is to have a single XSD that describes all the base PHP simple and complex types, as PHP see's them. However, my XSD knowledge is very little...

What I want is this:

string -> xsd:string
integer -> xsd:int
boolean -> xsd:boolean
float -> xsd:float
array -> xsd:struct or soap-enc:Array (not sure struct can be used) where its elements can be xsd:anyType
object -> xsd:struct where its elements can be xsd:anyType
mixed -> xsd:anyType
null -> ???

The users of my WSDL package will be able to specify their own custom XSD's too, but I want a default, catch-all XSD.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. If you're interested, I am thinking of proposing my WSDL package to PEAR, if I don't it will be released as GPL code along with the rest of my code.

- Davey