Newbie; WSDL "unresolved ref" issue

Hi, everyone.  I apologize if this is a FAQ; I did browse through the
newsgroup archives, but didn't see a mailing list archive.

My problem is with consuming a WSDL web service where the WSDL was
generated by Microsoft's SQLXML SOAP thingy.  I'm working with PHP5 and
the native SoapClient, and getting the error "SOAP-ERROR: Parsing
Schema: unresolved element 'ref' attribute"

You can see the WSDL itself at http://67.125.166.237/soap/test?wsdl .
The method I'm trying to call is "echo", but this error happens
immediately upon calling the SoapClient constructor.

Of course, there are quite a few ref's in that there WSDL, and it's
unclear which one(s) are causing the trouble.  So on a side note, can I
suggest that the error message be amended to say *which* element ref
attribute was unresolved?

Anyways, I'd love any ideas or assistance.  I've got an entirely
different issue trying to use the low level __call approach, but I'd
probably prefer to get it going the real WSDL way than fight with that,
so I'll leave that for now.

Cheers
-Brooks