Re: Oracle SQLPlus and PHP OCI8 returning different results

Gozer <gozer@fusion4.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I'll clarify....

Thanks.

> My two options are to:
>
> 1. Execute the query twice.  The first time I use the count() function to
> get the number of results.  The second time I run the actual query to be
> OCIFetchInto'd as needed.
>
> 2. Execute the query once, but then while-loop the OCIFetchInto to put all
> the results into an array and use the array count() to get number of
> results.
>
> With regards to the OCIFetchStatement(), it simply does not return what is
> expected.  I can easily show the difference in results by using the
> OCIFetchInto method on the same query as I just used the OCIFetchStatement.
> In my testing example OCIFetchInto returns 13 records and OCIFetchStatement
> returns 5 with the very same SQL statement.

Ok, so now after your third posting, we are finally getting to the
point.

>  I could also verify the results
> in SQLPlus by cut'n and paste'n the SQL statement.  And, yes everything was
> commited and run under the very same user/pass.  This would lead me to
> believe that OCIFetchStatement is fubar.

I'm afraid I still can't test it, as the partition with my Oracle
database is still broken, and the Compaq/HP testdrive with Oracle seems
to be down at the moment.

I guess it would be useful if you could provide a short example script
that shows what you are doing, along with the results that you get from
sqlplus. If you use the scott/tiger schema that is installed by every(?)
Oracle installation, that would be even better - so everybody with a
(working, sigh) PHP/Oracle installation could try it, and see what's
going on.

Regards...
		Michael