Re: Oracle SQLPlus and PHP OCI8 returning different results

As I've discovered, and I should have explained more in my first post, the
OCIFetchStatement does not work as advertised unless I'm missing something?
I had hoped to use OCIFetchStatement, however inefficient, to get the number
of result rows.  I have since switched to OCIFetchInto and I at least get
the results I expect.  However, I cannot get the number of results found
without fetching all of them first.  I've seen it stated that using
OCIRowCount after the first fetch might give you the total results, but it
does not.  It only gives your current row.  So, I'm now faced with the
undesirable option of selecting twice or fetching everything, every time.

Am I missing something with the OCIFetchStatement function?  Is it a bug?

Thanks,
  Gary