RE: [ OT] PHP+MySQL Programmer/Geek -- Job Titles?

Gortex titles everyone as "Associate", regardless of tenure or position,
they swear by it and believe it knocks down the hierarchical walls that
titles at least support, if not create.   but to say ones job isn't
relevant because the company does not have it properly documented is the
furthest thing from the truth.  his job probably was documented, but he has
grown above and beyond it and is relevant enough to now have a new
description built for it.

my .02
jd

                    "Dan Joseph"
                    <djoseph@duhq.       To:     <php-db@lists.php.net>
                    us>                  cc:
                                         Subject:     RE:  [  OT] PHP+MySQL Programmer/Geek -- Job Titles?
                    04/25/2003
                    09:50 AM

I wonder if anyone realizes that companies like Microsoft and other large
corporation don't have titles other than senior management, and ones they
use when dealing with the media.  The company I work for doesn't use 'em,
they printed business cards, the title column is blank.  Titles really are
meaningless other than for a Resume or PR...

-Dan Joseph