Re: [ OT] PHP+MySQL Programmer/Geek -- Job Titles?

The point is his company/manager are FOA because there is no written job description.  It is my experience (decades' worth) that the company (read management) don't view the position as they should. There are apparently no objective criteria against which to measure performance.  There is only the usual morass of favoritism, subjective assessments, and politicking which are fine for liberal arts majors but deadly in a technical environment when it comes time to discuss performance and raises.  People truly performing in a technical role don't have time to spend away from the work to kiss up.

This thread is really off topic.  Can we get back to PHP and databases now?

Doug