Re: Re: updating code asap to multiple domains, windows to unix, with source control software (was: Re: including PHP code from another server..)

12:13, rene7705 wrote:

>>> hey, I just read
the rsync man page for the first time, and while it

sure
>>> looks simple enough for my taste, wouldn't updating
multiple remote
>>> domains
>>> be like a
whole series of the same FTP updates to these different

domain
>>> directories there? In other words, take a long
time because of my
>>> 200kb/s
>>> link to the
unix hoster?

>> The first
time might be slow, but you can then do incremental updates

which would be a lot quicker.

>> ok, that'll do
nicely..

Depending upon whether or not you have shell access to
the hosts, you could update a host and then use rsync from that host to
the rest.