Re: Re: updating code asap to multiple domains, windows to unix, with source control software (was: Re: including PHP code from another server..)

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Matijn Woudt <tijnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:31 PM, rene7705 <rene7705@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM, marco@xxxxxxxxxx <marco@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >

> >> rene7705 <rene7705@xxxxxxxxx> hat am 27. März 2012 um 12:16
> geschrieben:

> >> rsync

> working
> >> on
> >> dev
> the
> >>
> >> Well, I guess google on rsync man page or read the documentation of
> these
> >> tools OR write to a mailing list that focusses on the use of linux
> tools.
> >> Then go and read about cron jobs or git/svn/putyoutoolhere
> >> post-receive/post-commit hooks or anything like that.
> >>

> >> Ok, I'll be reading everything I can find on rsync today, but I don't
> > think I wanna use auto-updates from cron, instead I want to hit an icon
> on
> > my desktop to start the update, either on only the windows system, or
> from
> > the windows system to all the unix domain directories..
>
> Are you sure you want to develop on a windows machine, and then push
> it out on all of your linux systems? That sounds dangerous to me. It's
> much safer to try it on a machine with same configuration as the
> production systems first.
>
> Yea, i'm quite sure I want to develop on Windows 7. Ubuntu still has
quircks when it comes to using 3 monitors on a single system, as far as I
know. I just like windows 7 a lot better at the moment.
And how would it be dangerous to do so?