Re: Re: updating code asap to multiple domains, windows to unix, with source control software (was: Re: including PHP code from another server..)

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 5:47 AM, rene7705 <rene7705@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yea, i'm quite sure I want to develop on Windows 7. Ubuntu still has
> quircks when it comes to using 3 monitors on a single system, as far as I
> know. I just like windows 7 a lot better at the moment.
> And how would it be dangerous to do so?

You can certainly develop on windows all you want. Before pushing
things to a production environment that's different from your
development environment, you should really run tests in (at least) a
staging environment that is as close to production as possible. This
can easily be done on your own system using a VM. It helps a lot to
write portable applications in PHP, which is deftly simple to do in
most cases. If you do have different things you want configured on
various platforms (development, testing, staging, production, forex)
you can do that in a number of ways (setting envars, testing the
hostname, keeping a separate configuration file outside of the source
control tree, etc)