Re: Howdy (new in here)

@tedd

I was interested about the reasons why people perceive php as a poor
language. I came across the following stackoverflow thread:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/309300/defend-php-convince-me-it-isnt-horrible

The guy answering him immediately after brought up some very good rebuttals,
however, there are some really fundamental things that people have come to
expect from programming languages that php doesn't offer and this is
probably why people have issues with it.
Two in particular, that people might have issues with, were brought up:
1. method/function name insensitivity
2. inconsistent naming of built in and library functions

However, since this is an open-source project behind some of the biggest
internet based businesses, I am personally quite fond of it. I have no
issues with the language as the above two points can easily be countered
with a good IDE or a little experience.

Finally, I would like to say, if you are going to look for it, you can find
faults with any and all programming languages. It comes down to preference,
that is why you have people in the industry coding things with Java instead
of C++, or vice versa, even though the other might be better for the
application.