Re: Rate my (really) simple template class

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 11:49 PM, Paul M Foster <paulf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Advice: don't use eval() this way. It's slow and dangerous.

Could you elaborate, or provide a link?

> ...read in the file and pass it to you on the stack, which is
> really an abuse of the stack if you can avoid it.

Interesting. I'm used to statically-typed languages. Normally I never
would have passed a large structure like that on the stack. But then
again, in those languages, large structures are usually passed by
reference, by default. In C, the only way to pass a string or array by
value is to wrap it in a struct, and in Java, objects are passed by
reference (if I recall correctly).

Guess that's something to get used to.

- BW