Re: Reminder On Mailing List Rules

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 18:24, Michael Shadle <mike503@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> note, that i take the time to bottom-post and clean up emails when i
> have time, but if i don't, i don't. people discuss things for
> discussion, they don't discuss things because they care how it is
> placed. that's like getting a present and whining about the wrapping
> paper.

    Unfortunately, Michael, while I appreciate your analogy (rarely is
something well-balanced between wit, truth, and vivid imagery enough
to make me laugh at the mental picture), I must point out that, in
this case, you're incorrect.  We do not operate this list for purposes
of discussion; this is a support list.  While it frequently [d]evolves
into discussion - which is quite welcome to perpetuate the vibrancy of
the community at large, our intent for this list is to be used as a
means of peer support for those active on the list and reading the
archives alike.  In fact, the very description of the list is "a high
volume list for general PHP support; ask PHP questions here," though -
admittedly, at times - it should probably read, "this is a fantastic
place to be flamed, trolled, disrespected, receive condescending
admonishment by elitists and those who believe they deploy odorless
feces, and yet still come back for more because - surprisingly - those
are the same folks who will give you your answers, you
punishment-relishing glutton."

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager