Re: Strange behaviour with uploaded files .. XAMPP on Windows

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 11:31 +1000, Angus Mann wrote:

> Hi all. I'm not sure if this is really a PHP question or specific to XAMPP,
> or windows in general...
>
> I have XAMPP including PHP 4.29 running on a Vista machine.
>
> When I use a form to upload a file, using $_FILES['uploadedfile']['name']
> and move_uploaded-file($_FILES['uploadedfile']['name'], $targetpath) strange
> effects happen.
>
> The file is uploaded to the target directory just as it should.
>
> But when I access this directory as a network share on a different machine,
> the file is not visible.
>
> When I go to delete the file, or the entire uploads folder, the file is not
> deleted, nor the folder. If the folder contains anything I put there
> manually (ie. not uploaded as above) that is deleted, but the uploaded
> content remains.
>
> This reminds me a bit of "symbolic links" behaviour but I'm really stumped
> if that's the case.
>
> Any ideas?

Also, try not to hijack someone elses thread. When making a new thread,
you shouldn't just use a reply to all from another message but create a
whole new email, because a lot of us use email clients that are thread
aware, and group message by thread, which is not the same as by subject!

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk