RE: dynamic menu with show hide capabilities - understanding possible workflow

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 00:55 +0000, MEM wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your replies.
>
> Let's see if I understand, if not, please, let me know, I'm not that proficient in English.
> Second try, in order to accomplish this, I have to:
>

> 1) Generate the multidimensional array from query.
>
> 2) Generate the ul / li menu (echo + foreach) displaying all child elements as well.
>
> 3) Apply the anchor to the list items.
>
>  3.1) Each anchor on this list should point to a new URL (I don't care if the page refreshes on this case).
>
> 4) Print all this on a nice way to the browser. (unobtrusive)
>
> 5) Apply js to:
>  5.1) HIDE the elements that need to be hidden.
>  5.2) SHOW what needs to be displayed.
>

> I don't want to have any onHover effect. The submenus will not appear on a onhover effect.
> They should appear when the user either clicks on a parent menu item, or navigates to a specific URL.
>
> Should this make me change this workflow somehow?
>

> Please have patience... :s
>
> Thanks again,
> Márcio

I think the term drop-menu is bad in this case, as essentially what you
are saying is:

1) user is presented with the basic navigation menu
2) user clicks an item and page navigates somewhere else
3) because of the item user clicked in 2) display some extra menu items

That's not a menu, it's just a navigation bar that changes slightly
depending on where you are in the site...

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk