RE: dynamic menu with show hide capabilities - understanding possible workflow

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Let's see if I understand, if not, please, let me know, I'm not that proficient in English.
Second try, in order to accomplish this, I have to:

1) Generate the multidimensional array from query.

2) Generate the ul / li menu (echo + foreach) displaying all child elements as well.

3) Apply the anchor to the list items.

 3.1) Each anchor on this list should point to a new URL (I don't care if the page refreshes on this case).

4) Print all this on a nice way to the browser. (unobtrusive)

5) Apply js to:
 5.1) HIDE the elements that need to be hidden.
 5.2) SHOW what needs to be displayed.

I don't want to have any onHover effect. The submenus will not appear on a onhover effect.
They should appear when the user either clicks on a parent menu item, or navigates to a specific URL.

Should this make me change this workflow somehow?

Please have patience... :s

Thanks again,
Márcio