Re: APC - Upload progress problem. apc

> I was afraid it was a bug. I have generally just used whatever is at
> whatever host, until this project, and didn't really think something so
> glaring could be in there. WTF!

I wonder if massive uploads, like the ones you're coding for, really
aren't that common. I can imagine hard-coding that 3600 myself, and
thinking, "no way someone's going to be uploading a single file for
longer than an hour, or even close to it."

> So, it seems like it would be pretty straight forward to fix this, if I was
> willing to run on a custom version until this fix is released. Do people do
> that? What do you think?

After looking at it bit more, I found another PECL bug, same basic
underlying problem, that was fixed almost a year ago:
http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=14198

That's when the config option apc.rfc1867_ttl was introduced to APC --
but some of that hardcoded 3600 remained until a few weeks ago.

The older bug (14198) sounds exactly like your problem, so if I were
you I'd start by trying any of the official versions that include the
fix for 14198. That fix was committed on August 29 of 2008:
http://svn.php.net/viewvc?view=revision&revision=265595

So the next version up (3.1.1) from what you're currently using will
include it. I guess 3.1.1 is still in "beta" but I'd personally go for
beta over a custom build, at least on a first pass.

Ben