Re: APC - Upload progress problem. apc

Andrea:

I see. That is a cool idea, but you are right, concurrency could definitely be a problem. That's what APC is supposed to solve because it tags the file with a unique ID. But I can't get that sucker to return the value to me! If I could get APC to work I would be done.

I also started looking at trying to grab the temp file, ". $_FILES['video_file']['tmp_name'], and then keep checking its size on the server, but I don't think I can get the temp name from php until it is uploaded. Do you know if that is possible?

One other thing, I looked at a canned media management web app ($875 US) that will do this uploading, and it doesn't require APC, so there definitely is some way to do this with basic PHP.

Thanks, Phred