RE: Smarty Tips and Techniques

From: Bastien Koert
> Just 162 files? I don't mean to sound condescending but if the code
> is that much trouble, chuck it out and start over.

Not going to happen. There are too many other tasks in the backlog that
are more important and will bring in real money as opposed to just
making the developers' lives easier. In addition, the current
application has already passed the PCI Level 1 audit, has been deployed
and is now handling a thousand transactions per day. If I can slip the
changes in piecemeal with those other tasks, fine, but starting over is
not even an option.

All three products combined are processing more than 10K transactions
per day. That spells success as far as management is concerned. With a
long list of client requested enhancements already assembled, code
maintenance issues are not even open for discussion.

Bob McConnell