Re: PHP usage stats

At 3:37 PM -0500 2/8/09, Paul M Foster wrote:
Perhaps a better question then might be how many IIS servers are there
out there compared to Apache. Apache servers uniformly support PHP, but
I think only IIS servers support ASP (I could be wrong). There's also
the FOSS argument. I'm continually surprised the pinheads in academia
don't see the value of FOSS compared to being beholden to huge corporate
behemoths like Microsoft.

Paul

Paul:

If that is the case, then data like this:

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2007/06/web-server-software-and-malware.html

might be useful. Excepting of course, if it isn't useful and I should have known better before posting, then disregard.

With that proviso, consider this:

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/web_server_survey.html

It's an interesting read re this months figures.

In any event, it appears that Apache is certainly leading with a respectable lead. One could conclude from that, that at least PHP has more installations than ASP -- would that not be so?

There are a large number of other sites to consider -- I just have not got to them yet.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------