Re: PHP usage stats

At 8:44 PM +0000 2/8/09, Stuart wrote:
2009/2/8 tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx>:

 > just trying to get a handle on the number of people who program in php --
 what's wrong with wanting to know that figure?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to know it, there's just no
reliable way to measure it so why bother asking for it?

Huh!?

I must be getting dumber by the minute.

If you don't know there's no reliable way to measure something, then what's wrong with asking about it? At least now I can say "There's no reliable way to determine that figure, so I don't know the answer."

Sometimes trying to get a question answered on this list is a bit like running through a gauntlet of "Why are you asking that? You should know better!"

Now maybe you didn't mean it that way, but IMO that appears more demeaning of the poster than providing help. I'm surprised, because that's not typical of you nor this list.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------