Re: Passing variables between pages

At 11:19 PM +0100 9/21/08, Nathan Rixham wrote:
so may as well just have everything in one script then..

You always have the option to write one huge script for any application.

But normally in programming, we confront any problem by breaking it down into smaller steps and writing code to solve smaller problems. Whenever any step is finished, then we pass the results on to the next step and continue solving the problem -- is this not correct?

In PHP, we use sessions to pass variables between scripts -- but we could just as well use:

ob_clean();
include('next.php');
exit(0);

For this will continue the program flow with all the variables intact the same as using sessions -- is this not correct?

Maybe I'm not understanding the limitations of this technique -- so, let me put this another way, show me an example where sessions is the answer and my include method won't work.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------