Re: Passing variables between pages

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Jason Pruim <japruim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Stupid question of the week...
>
> A array variable is not being passed between 2 pages. Are my options:
>
> #1. Use sessions?
>
> #2. Use cookies?
>
> #3. Use a hidden form to pass the variable's around?
>
> Here's some context... I am working on a timecard system where they are
> presented the main page, where they login they are brought to a screen where
> they need to clock in/out.  It all starts working great, but when they clock
> in/out it loses the variable that says they are logged in so it tries to
> re-authenticate them which doesn't work since the username/password are no
> longer in the $_POST array...
>
> I can provide code if needed, but I think it's just a logic problem on my
> end :)
>
> --

If I am understanding correctly...

It sounds like you need to pass that variable in your $_SESSION's.  You'll
want to carry that $_SESSION you established upon login over to the page
that handles clicking in and out.

>From what I gather here, this is what I'd do.

Main page, login, $_SESSION gets set.

Click on check in, page to check in comes up, does a session_start(), and
then you check for that $_SESSION variable to make sure its still them.
Check on each page for that session var, if its gone, put 'em back to the
log in page.

Make sense?

--
-Dan Joseph

www.canishosting.com - Plans start @ $1.99/month.

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the rest of the day.
Light a man on fire, and will be warm for the rest of his life."