Re: Re: Re: Why MS Won't Retire Browsers -- was: Interntet Explorer 8 beater 2

On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 03:30 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> Am 2008-09-14 17:09:53, schrieb Ashley Sheridan:
> > on earth anyone is going to give Debian to a Linux newbie, and if they
> > do they should be taken out and shot!
>
> If I find you I will kill you!!!
>
> I am Debian GNU/Linux Consultant for many years and even Newbies running
> here Debian...  It just works...  if you do not use  the  bleading  edge
> Hardware...
>
> This year I will pass my 3000th Debian  installation  and  I  would  not
> consider installin another Distribution @freinds or customers...
>
> OK, currently I am <arghhh> poking arround with Fedora since oracle want
> run on Debian...  And a customer  IS FORCED  to  use  a  software  which
> support ONLY Oracle...  Hell, for the price of this Software AND  Oracle
> (1.780.000 Euro), I can engage a whole team to build a  custom  software
> based on GNU/Linux since from the client side it is egal, what  you  run
> on the servers...
>
> Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
>     Michelle Konzack
>     Systemadministrator
>     24V Electronic Engineer
>     Tamay Dogan Network
>     Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

What I was getting at was not that Debian was hard to use, but harder to
install than ones like Suse or Ubuntu.

I understand what you mean about being forced into specific software
though. For some reason the company I work for was advised ages ago that
IIS, MSSQL and ColdFusion was the combination to use, and now we have a
load of legacy sites that we have to maintain. This combo is just not
good for websites, and to do anything useful with CF you have to buy
loads of addons. :(

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk