Re: Re: Why MS Won't Retire Browsers -- was: Interntet Explorer 8 beater 2

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:11:22 +0100, Ashley Sheridan wrote:

>Would it be totally off topic if everyone were to say what their
>favourite OS was and why? I'm just a little curious as to what OS's
>people use in this field.

Likely yes, but: Fedora 9 works nicely for me and SWMBO. Essentially
though, any Linux with a decent desktop manager would do. I just wish I
could find a Linux-native data modelling tool I liked, then I could
ditch WinXP for all except testing in IE! :)

(actually, not quite true; some customers manage to create incredible
concoctions in Microsoft Word that just don't come across right in any
Linux word processor, so I still need to open up Microsoft Word
occasionally)
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Let the laddie play wi the knife - he'll learn"