Re: Re: Why MS Won't Retire Browsers -- was: Interntet Explorer 8 beater 2

At 9:36 PM +0100 9/15/08, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
The thing is, she didn't suffer because of a cheap machine that couldn't
do what it wanted, it was just the only person she found refused to help
her out.

Ash:

To a degree you are right -- I've always felt bad about that incident.

However, her machine:

1. wasn't easy enough for her to figure it out.

2. wasn't easy enough for her to figure it out with instructions from the place she bought it.

3. wasn't something I was going to work on -- not because I refused to do it for her but rather because I refuse to work with windozes -- period.

I certainly would have helped her (as I said) if she had purchased a Mac because I know what needs to be done. But, wading through a windozes swamp is not something I'm prepared to do.

You know, I spend a lot of time helping people, but sometimes you have to draw a line as to how much time you are prepared to waste. People can either follow your advice or not -- and if they don't then they are on their own.

In a bar one time surrounded by a bunch of friends, one friend said "I'm thinking about buying a computer -- any recommendations?" I didn't say anything but another friend said "Ask tedd, he programs the damn things."

I said "Don't ask me for I only use Macs." He replied "Oh, that's Okay -- I don't want to play games -- I want to do serious stuff." I don't do serious stuff. :-)

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------