Re: localization folder for web site

I'm starting to get the feeling that you don't WANT to understand. Here's (AGAIN) a step-by-step explenation of what happens:
1. The USER/BROWSER sends a REQUEST for page /en/index.php to the SERVER
2. the SERVER gets the REQUEST for /en/index.php and passes it on to mod_rewrite 3. mod_rewrite checks its configuration and notices that it should rewrite the request. 4. INTERNALLY (that is ON THE SERVER) mod_rewrite starts another REQUEST to the NEW url (that is /index.php?lang=en) 5. the /index.php scripts is executed, sees that it got $_GET['lang'] = 'en' and does whatever it wanted to do
6. the PHP script outputs all data it wanted to
7. the USER/BROWSER recieves all the data the PHP script put out.
8. the USER/BROWSER still THINKS it requested /en/index.php, it DOES NOT KNOW that INTERNALLY (ON THE SERVER) this request was changed.

I hope you finally understand it now. Otherwise, I really don't know how to get trough to you.

- Tul
ok, it works now correctly.
in fact everything was well setup but my browser was still showing the new URL www.website.com/index.php?lang=en :-(
after cleaning the cache, it displays only www.website.com/en/index.php