Re: 2 Questions: Static variables and the nature of the online manual

Hi Daniel,

Many thanks to you as well. I really appreciate your effort in answering my
queries guys. It means I'll do my best with books and the online manual.
And today I've probably found the best resource. The community!

Still, I jusy wonder how Jochem knew that the line is only executed the
first time a function is called while this info is not available on the
online manual. It's maybe all about how close you are to the community and
how many degrees are between yourself and the source?

I mean, I understand the manual is maintained by the community, but I
suppose the language is developed by a small core of programmers that
participate to the general discussion to some extent...

I¹m just trying to figure out the shape of the landscape. I tend to start
from the bigger picture before getting into details. :)

Cheers

In 4/3/08 16:00, Daniel Brown, parasane@xxxxxxxxx ha scritto