Re: What design patterns do you usually use?

At 8:57 AM +0100 2/28/08, Zoltán Németh wrote:
2008. 02. 27, szerda keltezéssel 14.02-kor tedd ezt írta:
 > Just about all my code was reduced to functions
 and all functions were placed in files according
 theme. My "main" was probably less than 50 lines
 of code.

this is absolutely similar to a well-organized class structure, just
replace 'file' with 'class' :)

and

well, if classes are not convenient for you, then sure it would take
more time but only for the first time. after that, my experience is that
development time is less with classes

A rose by any other name.

Outside of being up on the current trend, I don't see much difference -- just new paint on an old thing. I've seen a couple of paint jobs over the years. What I haven't seen is something that I can't do with what I've got.

Classes only provide me with a different way to organize my code. Sure you can cite data hiding, inheritance, and polymorphism, but I didn't have problems that required those before -- so why should I worry about them now? (however, polymorphism is cool).

Yes, it's kind of neat to make a class with it's own variables and methods and set a level of abstraction that permits you to not care what is is used for, but I really do that with functions anyway.

From my perspective, increasing complexity doesn't always make things simpler.

Cheers,

tedd

--