Re: What design patterns do you usually use?

2008. 02. 27, szerda keltezéssel 14.02-kor tedd ezt írta:
> At 6:32 PM +0100 2/27/08, Zoltán Németh wrote:
> >thanks to its good class structure if we need to modify something we
> >know which file to open and where to modify, even if that class was
> >originally the work of someone else in the team. how would you do that
> >without class structure?
> >
> >greets
> >Zoltán Németh
>
> Zoltán:
>
> How? Same as you -- good organization.
>
> My largest program (a Street Atlas type program
> for the Mac) was about 10 percent the size of
> yours (not counting data). But, I was the only
> programmer. It took me almost two years to write
> from scratch.
>
> Just about all my code was reduced to functions
> and all functions were placed in files according
> theme. My "main" was probably less than 50 lines
> of code.

this is absolutely similar to a well-organized class structure, just
replace 'file' with 'class' :)

> I seldom use any globals -- for example, this program had only 4 globals.
>
> If I needed to modify anything, I knew exactly
> where to go. That was not a problem.
>
> I understand how classes work and this project
> could have been done that way. But, I think it
> would have taken me longer if I had been forced
> to use them.

well, if classes are not convenient for you, then sure it would take
more time but only for the first time. after that, my experience is that
development time is less with classes

greets,
Zoltán Németh