Re: What design patterns do you usually use?

At 6:32 PM +0100 2/27/08, Zoltán Németh wrote:
thanks to its good class structure if we need to modify something we
know which file to open and where to modify, even if that class was
originally the work of someone else in the team. how would you do that
without class structure?

greets
Zoltán Németh

Zoltán:

How? Same as you -- good organization.

My largest program (a Street Atlas type program for the Mac) was about 10 percent the size of yours (not counting data). But, I was the only programmer. It took me almost two years to write from scratch.

Just about all my code was reduced to functions and all functions were placed in files according theme. My "main" was probably less than 50 lines of code.

I seldom use any globals -- for example, this program had only 4 globals.

If I needed to modify anything, I knew exactly where to go. That was not a problem.

I understand how classes work and this project could have been done that way. But, I think it would have taken me longer if I had been forced to use them.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------