Re: What design patterns do you usually use?

Paul Scott schreef:
On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 14:48 +0100, Jochem Maas wrote:
Paul Scott schreef:
there seems to be some misunderstanding ... a design pattern is not
a component (or anything else of substance) but merely a conceptual
strategy used to tackle a problem ... ever find yourself writing code
that's conceptually identical to previously written code (in a different
site/project/context), if so you've got yourself a pattern and as such it's
probably been documented as an 'official' design pattern with suitable fancy
name (something like 'Observer', 'Delegator', 'Factory')

chances are then that you're already using design patterns - it's just
that you don't know them by name :-)

Ja, that's what I was trying to say in a long, convoluted,
burning-the-candle-at-both-ends type of way :)

lol ... I often have the same problem ... then Richard Lynch comes along
and explains 'whatever' in a way that the rest of the world does understand :-)

Thanks Jochem for clearing that up!

--Paul