Re: first php 5 class

On Wed, January 30, 2008 1:33 pm, Greg Donald wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 12:40 PM, Nathan Nobbe <quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> just pointing out that the rails guys dont have much wiggle room.
>> surely, youre familiar w/ this post:
>> http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/2007/09/7_reasons_i_switched_back_to_p_1.html
>
> One article from one developer means what exaclty?  Perhaps he wasn't
> writing enough lines of code per day to be stay happy using Rails?

Actually...

It meant a lot more to me than most other articles, since he clearly
gave Rails a fair tryout, and he doesn't claim "Rails Sucks" or
anything of the sort.

He just described exactly WHY Rails was not suitable for his needs, in
case your needs were similar.

I'd have to say that it's been the most meaningful
comparison/description of Rails I've ever seen :-)

I am biased, however, as I've known the guy since he started posting
on this very list (or perhaps its predecessor back when there was only
"one" PHP list) and I was answering his questions.

He's actually built a rather amazing site/business if you look into it...

http://cdbaby.com/about

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?